Fergy79

New User
I have NAA-501-8 under the seat of my 9n. On the engine block I have AE6015-D. Does anyone know what year I own?

Attachments

• IMG_1904.jpeg
    IMG_1904.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1903.jpeg
    IMG_1903.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
I have NAA-501-8 under the seat of my 9n. On the engine block I have AE6015-D. Does anyone know what year I own?
More info required. First determine which tractor(s) you are referring to. SEE TRACTOR ID/HISTORY LINK below. The 9N & 2N Models had a 3-SPD Transmission and DRAFT CONTROL only. The 8N had a 4-SPD transmission and added POSITION CONTROL. 1939-1950 N’s used the front mount distributor. 1950-1952 8N used the Side Mount Distributor. ALL 9N, 2N, and 8Ns used the 119 CID 4-CYLINDER FLAT HEAD ENGINE. The NAA Model was introduced for 53 & 54 and now had an 134 CID/OHV Engine. You are looking at casting numbers on the top covers, not any serial number. SERIAL NUMBERS were only marked as shown on the block by the oil filter housing. Unless you have an early serial number that is worthy of a total restoration, serial numbers don’t mean a whole lot. Engine blocks got a s/n AFTER they were assembled and passed QC Inspection. S/N only ID’s when the block was cast. Concentrate on the important features like if a 3 or 4 speed, a front or side mount distributor, and if 6V/POS GRN or a 12V conversion has been done. Either way, the electrical system must be correct for whichever you use and it matters as early is different than later. Invest in the ESSENTIAL MANUALS if’N ya wanna be an N owner. You need the original OWNER/OPERATOR’s Manual, the 39-53 MPC, the I&T F0-4 Service Manual, the 8N Dealer Service Manual, and a few optional others like a parts catalog.

LINK - TRACTOR MODEL HISTORTY & ID:

https://fordtractorcollectors.com/identify-my-tractor/tractor-id-history/

Tim Daley (MI)

Attachments

• FORD 8N ESSENTIAL MANUALS.jpg
    FORD 8N ESSENTIAL MANUALS.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
  • FORD 9N & 2N ESSENTIAL MANUALS.jpg
    FORD 9N & 2N ESSENTIAL MANUALS.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • FORD N TRACTOR SERIAL NUMBER ID.jpg
    FORD N TRACTOR SERIAL NUMBER ID.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back