NE question

utupuller

Member
we went to the kruse auction and driving through NE why does the speed limit go from 65 - 55 back up to 65 on the same stretch of road? Beautiful part of NE around Scotts Bluff
 
I've wondered the same thing.

The two reasons I've heard here in the east end of Nebraska are whether the shoulder of the road is hard surfaced or grass, and whether there are sharp hills where one wouldn't have sufficient reaction time to an adverse situation when cresting a hill.

Glad you enjoyed the country around Scotts Bluff. I haven't been out there for several years. Our daughter lives in DC, so it seems like we always head east.

You probably didn't get out into the Sandhills. There are some wide open spaces. I once had a fellow work for me who had a daughter and son-in-law who ranched by Valentine, NE. From their house on the ranch, the closest place they could buy a hamburger was 42 miles away.
 
"the closest place they could buy a hamburger was 42 miles away."

Sounds like a place I'd like to live. I love the West. I've hunted Kansas, Oklahoma, SD and Iowa. Something about the sunrises and sunsets without trees blocking the view. I remember Ne. being one long drive. Should have visited the Sandhills.

Larry
 
It depends on the shoulder of the hi-way. Narrow shoulder roads are 55 and the wider ones are at 65.

Yep, 40 miles to anything is normal here. 'Course that means that ya gotta come 40 miles home too. :>(

Allan
 
From my Dad's farm in SW ND it's about 40 miles to anywhere, too. I sure miss living out where there wasn't anyone to watch my every move and then come over and critique me on it. Dang, I hate living in town!!

I remember driving through NE and cussing those 55 mph signs... sure added some time to our trip, but at least the scenery was worth looking at.
 
That daughter and son-in-law were probably my neighbors....closest hamburger(or bottle of pop, loaf of bread, etc) to our place, in Valentine, is pretty close to 40 miles away.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top