Need parts help

NY Bob

New User
Hello eveyone,new guy here that needs help finding a part. I have a 1960 power major.l'm looking for a tappet ajusting screw and lock nut. I've looked around the net and called a few salvage yards with no luck. Anybody have one or two they would sell, or where I could buy a couple? Thanks for any help pointing me in the right direction.

Which engine? Have you asked if they had a complete rocker arm? Looks like they might be quite expensive. What thread size is it?

I'm 99% sure they're the same as the regular major with the same diesel. In which case Sparex sells them, and any dealer/supplier of your choice can order from sparex. See link:

I'm 99% sure they're the same as the regular major with the same diesel. In which case Sparex sells them, and and dealer/supplier of your choice can order from sparex. See link:

Only the early Majors pre 1955 were different, all the others were the same until the end of production, The Super Major was sold in the US as the Ford Super Major 5000 prior to the introduction of the Ford '000 'nd series in 1964-65.

Good luck with it. It's a shame that Sparex doesn't sell direct, but (at least around here) every dealer orders from Sparex about once a week. Or you can Google that part number and find a site that will sell them. Sparex is a good resource for any Fordson parts: They're one of the biggest aftermarket tractor suppliers in the World, and because they're a British company they have pretty much everything you could ever need for Fordsons.

Daniel & MajorMan,
Just a follow up to the Sparex parts supplier for that tappet ajusting screw I was looking for, it's located in france, i'm in the U.S., but anyway it's roughly $90
Delivered to my nearby dealer.I gues that's not happening. I'll have to start
Searching salvage yards.

Daniel & MajorMan,
Just a follow up to the Sparex parts supplier for that tappet ajusting screw I was looking for, it's located in france, i'm in the U.S., but anyway it's roughly $90
Delivered to my nearby dealer.I gues that's not happening. I'll have to start
Searching salvage yards.
Think salvage yards would be your best bet, possibly in Canada as well. I have looked for one over here and it does not look as if the after-market sales people have ever had any made. Will keep looking. There is a complete head and rockers on e-bay for £80.00 at the moment but shipping would be horrendous. I will keep looking, postage should not be too bad for a small item like that.

In the back of my mind, remember I am going back 60 years, I seem to think the last of the Supers used the Jam adjusting bolt like the Ford '000nd series but could be wrong on that, it is so long ago.

Thank you very much. Hope nothing serious with the hospital, don' t need to know ,none of my business. Good luck.

Hip Replacement, Bob. PM me with your mail address and what exactly you need, if it is the complete rocker or just the adjuster. Thinking of parcel weight/cost. Little envelope at the top right, next to your name. Will get it on the way this week.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back