Needing a transmission for early 1994 Ford 3930

I first posted this on the Ford discussion board. Putting it hear with hopes someone can help!

Anyone know where I might find a transmission for an early 1994 Ford 3930 tractor which has a shuttle forward/reverse, High/Low stick, and 4 speed stick? It is an agricultural model tractor fitted with a Triumph hydraulic side mower and was originally used by a state highway maintenance dept.
Repair shop found a crack in the transmission case which led to oil loss which led to transmission being cooked. Repair shop has not found a replacement transmission and has been told other transmissions cannot be substituted.
Someone mentioned that this transmission might have been built by Kubota - any other knowledge along that line? Any other ideas? Motor runs fine; lift was working okay.

On a different note, has the Today's Tractor discussion forum been discontinued? I got 404 This site cannot be reached when I tried to check that board a few weeks ago.

(quoted from post at 13:01:55 11/10/21)
I first posted this on the Ford discussion board. Putting it hear with hopes someone can help!

Anyone know where I might find a transmission for an early 1994 Ford 3930 tractor which has a shuttle forward/reverse, High/Low stick, and 4 speed stick? It is an agricultural model tractor fitted with a Triumph hydraulic side mower and was originally used by a state highway maintenance dept.
Repair shop found a crack in the transmission case which led to oil loss which led to transmission being cooked. Repair shop has not found a replacement transmission and has been told other transmissions cannot be substituted.
Someone mentioned that this transmission might have been built by Kubota - any other knowledge along that line? Any other ideas? Motor runs fine; lift was working okay.

On a different note, has the Today's Tractor discussion forum been discontinued? I got 404 This site cannot be reached when I tried to check that board a few weeks ago.

Looks like you have posted this twice on the Ford Forum. The thread you posted yesterday has 0 replies. The one you posted Monday has 3 replies, with no response from you. Did you see those?

Monday's post

You should ask YT Support about Today's tractors down below on the Site Comments forum. I seem to remember Chris posting something about it a while back but don't remember what he said.

Thanks Jim! I had not seen those replies - they gave helpful information! I guess I needed to refresh the link. Thanks for your help!

I would suggest Long Lane Tractor in Elizabethtown, PA. Website link is below. They specialize in Ford and New Holland tractors for salvage and parts.

5348 Beagle Road
Elizabethtown, PA 17022

Phone: (717) 367-8610
Untitled URL Link

Cannot help you with your transmission, but it looks to me like you have to access it from Modern View. If I was looking for something like that I think the Ford board and here are probably the best places for veiw exsposure.

Can the crack be repaired? If it is not structural old Farmall were painted with a paint because the casting were porous and would leak. You may be able to seal it internally if you can't find a replacement.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back