Needing help deciphering this lower attachment

Grillz216

New User
Hello everyone,
I recently purchased this 1977 Ford 515 industrial highway/utility tractor. I was planning on using it to brush hog and medium duty work on the property. It has a lower hydraulic setup on it that I’m trying to see what it can be used for. I wasn’t sure if it was able to accept a blade or what seeing how it’s attached sorta mid frame. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9251.jpeg
    IMG_9251.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9250.jpeg
    IMG_9250.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8575.jpeg
    IMG_8575.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8579.jpeg
    IMG_8579.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 0
Looks like it is the base frame for a power angling and tilting dozer type blade. A forestry service might use such. The sweep pipes would deflect limbs.

Where you are located and where you purchased the tractor might shed some light on it. The TX-PI- looks like it might be a Texas state asset number, as a guess.
 
Yes sir I got it up by bastrop Texas from a rancher who had no more use for it. I’m more south down in Karnes county Texas.
It does have a few hydraulic lines and levers attached. The up/down works but the lift/right side hoses are not hooked up. I’d like to possibly located a blade or maybe fabricate one. I know it’ll be slim to none pickings on this attachment but you never know.
I appreciate your time and input on this sir.
 
Yes sir I got it up by bastrop Texas from a rancher who had no more use for it. I’m more south down in Karnes county Texas.
It does have a few hydraulic lines and levers attached. The up/down works but the lift/right side hoses are not hooked up. I’d like to possibly located a blade or maybe fabricate one. I know it’ll be slim to none pickings on this attachment but you never know.
I appreciate your time and input on this sir
It looks like a very heavy duty plow blade mount, maybe for a bulldozer blade.
yes sir that was my assumption as well but trying to research any other similar tractors like this one turned up nothing. This must’ve been a unique setup for a ford 515.
 
Yes sir I got it up by bastrop Texas from a rancher who had no more use for it. I’m more south down in Karnes county Texas.
It does have a few hydraulic lines and levers attached. The up/down works but the lift/right side hoses are not hooked up. I’d like to possibly located a blade or maybe fabricate one. I know it’ll be slim to none pickings on this attachment but you never know.
I appreciate your time and input on this sir.
I am going to guess it is not a Ford attachment but was from a short line manufacturer and they likely have gone out of business.

A power angling dozer blade such as from a John Deere 350 crawler or a Case 350 crawler might be one you could modify to work.
 
Cool tractor you have there! Definitely looks like a power angling setup. How would you mount the blade to that front plate though? Just weld it to it? If you know anyone who works at Holt CAT or another equipment place, you might be able to get a junk or a used blade for cheap. I know at the CAT dealer I work at, we're all the time throwing away beat up stuff that isn't any good for production, but with some elbow grease could still serve someone well.
 
If it werent for the brush guards, I would say it a snow plow... But probably a fire relief road cutter? Not a lot of snow in Bastrop, but a lot of pines and forestry.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top