Never underestimate what can be used as a tool lol

Alan K

I used a Chow Mein can to cut a hole through the insulating foam and the plastic headliner on the M670 Super tractor cab for the fan. Was the perfect size:

Attachments

• Fan 1.JPG
    Fan 1.JPG
    191.1 KB · Views: 115
  • Fan 5.JPG
    Fan 5.JPG
    299.7 KB · Views: 118
  • Fan 6.JPG
    Fan 6.JPG
    207.5 KB · Views: 97
  • Fan 8.JPG
    Fan 8.JPG
    249.2 KB · Views: 116
A Kubota valve guide driver is a perfect tool to drive kingpins out of Model A Fords.The kingpins are hollow,and drive upwards.That Kubota tool is tough too. Even though I have a barrel bung tool,I still take out most barrel bungs with two big screwdrivers.

There must still be some who don't know this one. If you are trying to replace the mesh inside your "N" tractors air cleaner, you find it's almost impossible to get that stuff started on that tube inside the air cleaner.

Take the mesh and slide it over the pointed end on a caulking tube. Then stick the other end of the tube on the tube inside the air cleaner. Then just slide the mesh up on the air cleaners tube. They fit perfectly. Works slicker than greased owl crap. Any kind of tube will do. All those tubes are the same size. Even a new tube will work. There is enough space in the end of the new tube to slide over that inner air cleaner tube. By the way, one can get those replacement mesh balls here on YT. If I remember correctly, it takes two pieces. That trick even worked on my MF202 air cleaner.

TFtOMXK.jpg

Looks like it worked good. I'm "filing that one away" for future reference.
Did you have to put washers on the holesaw mandrel to stiffen it?
Did you make some teeth on the can's edge?

Looks like it worked good. I'm "filing that one away" for future reference.
Did you have to put washers on the holesaw mandrel to stiffen it?
Did you make some teeth on the can's edge?
No, I have one of the hole saws that have the many different size blades that you just remove the others and use one on it. For cutting the foam I just used the can as is, for the plastic liner I used a file to sharpen the edge of the can a little.

There must still be some who don't know this one. If you are trying to replace the mesh inside your "N" tractors air cleaner, you find it's almost impossible to get that stuff started on that tube inside the air cleaner.

Take the mesh and slide it over the pointed end on a caulking tube. Then stick the other end of the tube on the tube inside the air cleaner. Then just slide the mesh up on the air cleaners tube. They fit perfectly. Works slicker than greased owl crap. Any kind of tube will do. All those tubes are the same size. Even a new tube will work. There is enough space in the end of the new tube to slide over that inner air cleaner tube. By the way, one can get those replacement mesh balls here on YT. If I remember correctly, it takes two pieces. That trick even worked on my MF202 air cleaner.

TFtOMXK.jpg
That ought to be added to the “75 tips” for 8Ns. Because sooner or later we end up removing that mesh to clean the air cleaner out.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back