New 12V/24V smart battery charger with no manual

andy r

I thought it would be great to be able to charge my John Deere 730 24 volt factory start batteries with one battery charger. Bought this no name 12 volt/24 volt charger off of ebay and it has no manual explaining anything. No paperwork what so ever! On the back of the plastic case it says not to plug into anything higher than 110/120, don't let kids play around it, and do not be shooting any fireworks off around it. Yes, it is made in China. Actually, I think it works just fine as I have charged the 2 - 12 volt batteries in series and another 12 volt battery. But with no manual I really didn't know what I was doing.

Here are my questions. 1) There is a rocker switch on the front with the word "smart" one side and the word "repair" on the other. I assume when the rocker switch is on "smart" it just charges the battery and when on the word "repair" it must do something special - maybe de-sulfated batteries? 2) There are two bulbs that light up, I assume one at a time. One bulb says "work" and the other bulb says "saturated". Does work mean charging and saturated mean charged up? When a battery is saturated is it fully charged? It might be a great charger for $35. I think the advertisement on ebay said something about pulsating to de-sulfate. Thanks.

Today, I bought a little shop stool on casters @ TSC and the instructions (from "The Land of Almost Right") are confusing.

THANKFULLY (I hope) electrocution or a fire won't ensure if I didn't understand/follow them correctly.

NOT so sure what might happen with your "device", though?

I suggest it would be best to contact the seller you purchased it from and request the instructions. Beyond that, your assumptions are as good as any I can think of with the available info.

I did contact them. They reminded me to read the back of the charger. Nothing of importance on the back. They just said they would send my money back. I didn't even ask for that.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back