"New" Fordson Super Major Diesel

ToMang07

Well, I have been looking for a mid sized old iron tractor, I wanted something with some power and grunt, and the ability to run about anything I want.

I stumbled across a nice 1964 (I believe, haven't found the stamp yet) Super Major. It has a 712 Loader with a large bucket, and a nice 723 Hoe with a pretty big bucket and a folding thumb.

Overall it's in excellent shape, only major issue I found so far is the right brake is about 1/2 as strong as the left, (Haven't tried adjusting it yet, waiting on manuals) and the fenders are bolted to the (unknown) cab and rotted off the axle mounts.

The original gauges under the steering wheel are junk too, but it's a 60 year old tractor. I'll probably replace the tach at some point with a NOS unit, if I can find one.

Ordered chains already, it has pretty large 16.9-30 rear wheels. I'll probably put a new battery on it soon as well as it's a 2016 and probably gonna struggle with the cold winter temps.

Anywho.... here to learn!

Is there a trick to uploading photos?

I select them, they show up under my reply box, but when I post it disappears.

From 1963 no metal bonnet emblems were used, they went to decals stuck on at the rear where the bonnet thickens. For 1963, the serial number should start 08C and for 1964 08D.

For posting pictures the pictures should be saved to your computer or phone, possibly in a JPEG format and not exceeding 3MB. Then go to the lower part of the page, 'Upload Photos or Videos' where it says 'Choose Files', click on this and another box will open allowing you to copy the picture URL to it, Click 'Open' and the URL and picture should appear in the lower window. Wait for the URL to appear in the main body of your message then hit 'Preview'. Your message will appear plus the picture or you may get a message saying 'File too Large' or 'Unknown Format', You will then have to adjust your original picture size or save it in a JPEG format.

Sounds complicated but it is quite easy once you get the hang of it.

Hello ToMang07 welcome to YT! Not a Fordson or Ford guy but when Tractor Talk and the Farmall Forum are slow I wounded around some times. For your picture posting follow what Majorman has suggested. Also I would suggest try to post only one photo with you first reply, then work your way up with 2 on the next reply and so on to see if the size limit is giving you problems.
Not sure if you are aware of the online parts catalog for your tractor. If not I am giving you a link to it. Not so much as for parts purchases but for getting layouts and part numbers to search elsewhere.
CNHI Fordson Super Major parts catalog

mvphoto112281.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back