New Holland disc mower

Ok here is another question, what determines the type of blade to use, the flat ones or the angled ones? I assume the angled ones would have a tendency to lift the hay. This my first experience with a disc mower. I have always used a sickle bar mower.

Their is an outfit called discmowerdoctor very close to New Holland PA . Very helpful folks. Discmowerdoctor.com

Angled blades give some uplift, same as with lawn mower, rotary cutter, etc. blades. I expect most run angle blades for hay. I think straight blades are generally recommended for abrasive and rough cutting situations. The angle blades will lift a bit more dirt and sand than the straight blades so they will dull quicker in those conditions.

This post was edited by Jim.ME on 11/29/2023 at 05:48 am.

Thanks to all. I'm on the learning phase of disc mowers. Noe I found a Gribaldi and Salvia dm 300 that looks to be in good usable condition. Are these a good machine?

Angled blades. I am with rrlund, never saw a flat blade. With the disc mowers, you need blades for each direction of rotation. Clockwise is one blade, counterclockwise is another blade. Once the blades wear some you can flip them.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back