New idea sickle mower woes

Hugh1950

This message is a reply to an archived post by hvacpro85 on February 23, 2021 at 13:41:56.
The original subject was New idea sickle mower woes.

I have spent many hours with 2 of these mowers since the early 1960's. My father had 2 of them, we sometimes used them simultaneously when mowing hay or clipping horseweeds and thistles in the pastures. Lots of use over the years, as we had about 50 head of beef cattle, so lots of hay was needed. I still have the two of them. One had been converted to lift with a hydraulic cylinder.
Got a box of NOS knife sections on eBay a couple years ago, and also a newly made wooden pitman.
Despite what some might say,I think these are good machines,but we all tend to have our own biases,depending on what equipment we grew up with. New Idea didn't make junk. I can't remember having any trouble at all with our mowers, beyond replacing a few broken knives and a few guards.

Works good , rebuilt every inch of it. Got to be willing to follow the manual and set them up. It will mow !
cvphoto90205.jpg

cvphoto90206.jpg

cvphoto90207.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back