New to forum

gman.og

New User
Hello, newbie here on the forum. Just purchased my first Oliver Crawler, it is labeled as a model: OC-4 3G-46. (My uncle has had a 1955'ish for years, and I thought it would be time for me to have one of my own.) Mine should be a 1960 (serial number starts with 5WR) ?? Gas 3 cylinder, with 4spd trans, already converted to 12v, straight blade.... Anything I should look out for as I first start getting ready to use it. Doesn't appear to have been setting much, it was part of an estate sale, so I did not get much history on it, except it's been in the family for +40 yrs. I plan to shave a hill down 4 ft that is roughly 70ft by 130ft. After that just leveling some ground here/there and a few trails in the woods. My background is mainly automotive and 1980's & up ag and construction equipment ...

Hello, newbie here on the forum. Just purchased my first Oliver Crawler, it is labeled as a model: OC-4 3G-46. (My uncle has had a 1955'ish for years, and I thought it would be time for me to have one of my own.) Mine should be a 1960 (serial number starts with 5WR) ?? Gas 3 cylinder, with 4spd trans, already converted to 12v, straight blade.... Anything I should look out for as I first start getting ready to use it. Doesn't appear to have been setting much, it was part of an estate sale, so I did not get much history on it, except it's been in the family for +40 yrs. I plan to shave a hill down 4 ft that is roughly 70ft by 130ft. After that just leveling some ground here/there and a few trails in the woods. My background is mainly automotive and 1980's & up ag and construction equipment ...
Did a little research and it looks like the suggestions for fluids for an OC-4 are:
Trans. 80-90 GL-1
Final drive 80-90 GL-1
Engine Rotella straight 30w
But on rollers, idlers, and main spring many are saying 80-90 GL-1, but on mine all seem to have grease fittings, so should I use the GL-1 or some say John Deere Cornhead grease? Machine has last 60 years and hoping to keep it going another 40 years.

Does it have regular grease zerks or the big button type. We used 80-90 until they leaked, then grease. Corn head when the seal was completely gone, until the next rebuild....James

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back