New to me 3400? with 750 backhoe and 730 loader - a project

This tractor was parked in the woods at least 10 years ago when it was replaced with a newer excavator/loader. At the time, it had several hydraulic leaks and lots of wear. But "it ran when parked"... Unfortunately, none of the normal long term storage preparation was done. Gas in the tank and valve still on, fluids not changed, no oil added to cylinders, etc.

can't post pics...

I was told it is a 1972 3400, but the codes I found don't match what different websites say they should be.
The numbers near the starter look like: 34022G C124615 6A21
The loader tag has: 19-427 SN I229
The backhoe tag has: I9-388 SN I474
Transmission casting # is C5NN7006AG
Any help identifying what I have would be greatly appreciated.

can't post pics....

This is where it will sit until I can get the engine running. First step is pressure washing as it is filthy. Then removing the plugs and soaking the cylinders in ATF to release the stuck rings. Cleaning the fuel tank/lines/filters/carb. Likely rebuilding the carb. Flush the coolant and oil systems, replace with new fluids.

can't post pics...

Any suggestions or insights are welcome. Let me know what additional pictures I should take, if the forum will allow any.

34022G - This is the model number for a 3400 with gasoline engine, non-live PTO and the 4x4 manual reversing transmission. The only used that transmission for the first couple years of production. They switched to the 6x4 manual reverser on 4/1/68.

C124615 - That is a 1966 serial number

6A21 - That is the Unit Number, or production date code. It says the tractor was assembled on January 21 1966.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back