NH 315 twister stop

This NH 315 is new to me and after replacing the baling wire to swap out the rusty wire that was left in the machine sitting in a field for years unused and the shear pin for the twister and flywheel broke, it had been cycling fine while I was going over the baler, I went to check the timing after and noticed that I can t find any markings I for timing on the clutch gear or clutch disk. I am still trying to figure out why the bolt sheered, I did notice some slack in the clutch pawl so I adjusted that it was just hitting the inside before adjustment. Not sure if those 3 little circles are the old markings for timing, it looks like the parts were repainted at some point.
mvphoto42914.jpg

If you're attempting to utilize new baling wire I'll advise you to open wire box tops & pour a least a pint of oil on the top of each roll of wire. I've noticed baling wire produced today doesn't have as much oil on it as it did back in the 60's-80's

(quoted from post at 10:35:11 09/21/19)
If you're attempting to utilize new baling wire I'll advise you to open wire box tops & pour a least a pint of oil on the top of each roll of wire. I've noticed baling wire produced today doesn't have as much oil on it as it did back in the 60's-80's

I will add some, it looks like I am having trouble with the twister trip arm not falling far enough to activate the baler, when I have it set enough that it will fall the clutch pawl is not far enough forward to stop from catching but not activating.

I have very little experience with NH sq balers. Have you checked for binding in bale length measuring mechanism? Is there a pivot point on this mechanism you failed to grease or lubricate?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back