Nice Weekend

rusty6

Sunshine and blue sky with the temp up near freezing gave me the chance to catch up on a few things. Like firing up the Cockshutt 50 to put a small load of oats through the old hammer mill for cattle feed. Snow had melted in the hopper, ran down inside and completely froze up blocking the outlet pipe which caused me an extra hour or two of work thawing it out. Got just a few seconds of video of the mill at work. Plus a little flying time over the farm with the drone.

cvphoto120119.jpg

Weekend Flight

thumbs up i had my drone out today too searching the creek banks for deer sheds our snow is gone but still managed to chase a few squirrels up the tree

Maybe the cats were hoping that machine was bringing more baked potatoes? Thats a pretty nice feed chopping setup youve got there do you have any pictures of the finished product?
cvphoto120130.png

cvphoto120131.png

Nice video. I like that area, except for the snow. The cats are funny. You wouldnt get ours outside in that weather. If its in the 30's here when I ooen the door in the morning to let everybody out they get to the threshold and just turn around.

(quoted from post at 01:01:28 03/15/22) do you have any pictures of the finished product?
I'll attach a photo of the chopped oats. It varies from fine dust to almost whole oats. I am always surprised how well it breaks up the oats considering I am using the coarsest screen. The one with square holes at least an inch and a half big. I considered that a straw/hay screen but it was the only good condition screen I had left for it so that is what I used.
mvphoto89303.jpg

This post was edited by rusty6 on 03/15/2022 at 11:14 am.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back