Not good news if you own a terramite.

Geo-TH,In

Terramite, which manufactures compact backhoes, street sweepers and paving screeds, will continue to supply its products to the rental channel under the new Terraquip name. Terramite closed its West Virginia plant on Dec. 19, and laid off all of its employees.

The phone number for Terraquip and all phone numbers for terramite are no longer in service.

Can anyone living near Cross Lanes, W Virginia or Charleston, W Virginia confirm the factory has closed?

That's what happens when you don't keep up with the times. Terramite filled a niche at one time for a small backhoe. Now that every little tractor manufacturer and their brother makes a compact tractor with a backhoe attachment, and provides $169/mo financing for a much more versatile machine, nobody is going to pay more for less.

I wouldn't want the toys they are selling for $169/mo.

I'll make parts if necessary to keep my 2 terramites going.

Not to mention you can rent a mini excavator for a couple
hundred a day. And will get a whole lot more done for
most operators.

As I remember some of the most heated (LOL) conversations you and I ever had, years ago , were about the demise of the Termite. As I told you then they were on a down hill slide. After being bankrupt then purchased by NEW money several years ago they just never did get going. As the other poster stated at one time they were early in the mini hoe market but just some many out there that are better today. Better dealer support and financing also came into play. The things are slowly going to go by the wayside. So many off the shelf parts in them you should not have trouble keeping yours going after all you fixed the rear end that everyone told you was a tough fix..

jm
My biggest regret is buying the second terramite,a 2000 T5D. It was run hard, abused beyond belief.

My first terramite, a 2004 T5C, only had 400 hours on it. One cylinder wasn't firing right. I removed the head and lapped in the valves. It came with a 20 hp kohler command with hyd lifters. This past winter one lifter was sticking. Used ATF to get it working right. It has over 2000 hrs on it. I love that tractor. A new engine is about $2k.

Keep your eye out for a cheapie parts tractor. One with a blown engine.

I always figure I can fix about anything if I can get parts.

I bought a second one because I got tired of hauling my first terramite 20 miles each way and only getting 12 mpg with the truck. So the second one is at Karen's place. She uses it.

Remember, I'm the guy that can't stand the smell of diesel exhaust because it gives me an instant headache. My new Kubota is the exception.
I can't see my way to buy another new Kubota to replace a terramite.

Terramites are the only compact gasser.

George , I wouldn't get too shook up. Aftermarket parts are coming, from right up the road in WV. Terramites are simple machines and most parts can be fabricated in a good machine shop. I have made a lot of stuff for them. I made a ripper the other day. any good hydraulic shop can make or repair a cylinder. Pumps and transmission parts are available.
Terramite

I understand completely and we probably can find one for parts sooner or latter. I actually started to call you about 3 months ago guy had one with blown engine wanted a thousand for it and I did not buy it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back