Nothing planted, still wet

Jim in rush co

Guess no corn planting this year! But will be good time for a little tile and waterway work if it ever quits raining and also wanting to get a little field edge cleaned up at woods edges. First picture my place and 2nd one looking across fence at neighbor to the east. Our TV said this morning Indiana has only 16% of corn planted in Indiana. Got a new stand of oats and alfalfa here at home and could use a little less rain and more sunshine.
cvphoto27177.jpg

cvphoto27178.jpg

We ended up with over 12 inches since Saturday Ot will take a week of no rain before we can get back into the field. The highway is finally dry and I could see on corn field that had 2 of 40 acres not under water. I read that 70% of the farmland was under this week. Look like more rain coming but I am heading south in a few hours!

cvphoto27180.png

I think it varies quite a bit county by county. This was in fox business news about 4 days ago as far as a statewide average for Indiana. This is just someone's estimate, could be off a bit too.

We will have to be careful with those crop reports. Some will be counting the Prevented Planting acres; the govt catigorizes it ?planted? to the crop when it?s declared PP, and falls into the charts as planted.

Been a tough year, we got most stuff planted here, but it?s 3-4 weeks are.

Not sure how the year is gonna turn out, hope the best it can from where we all are.

Paul

I have wheat out now that is ready if i could get a few dry days. Looks like rain the next few days

I've been at Virginia Beach all week. On Wednesday took a trip to Kitty Hawk, NC. The corn down here is tall an tasseling but in the heat of the afternoon it was looking dry stressed. Saw some irrigation running. Meanwhile back home in SW PA it is raining more and looks to continue next week. Guess I didn't miss any field or hay work taking a week off.
Phil

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back