O/T Ford escort

does anyone have or know where I can get a detailed breakdown of an auto. trans for a 94 escort? My brother had a friend pull this tranny out to replace the flywheel and he never put it back in now brother wants me to put it back together and I don't know where all the bolts brackets etc. go hoping someone on here can fill me in on this.
 

Can you find some other poor sucker who has one, and look at how things are arrangedand/or take pictures?

I've had to do that a few times when some sorry "re-assemble it yourself" poject gets dumped on me!
 
Your best chance is a ford dealer ....service department.......good luck....

you might be better off looking for a mech. that does work on the side...you can also ask at the dealer....
 
Roy,

I think I can help. This may take a bit to muddle through...

My wife used to own a 1991 Mercury Tracer.
I used to own a 1989 Ford Probe.
I bought full Ford Service manuals for each.
The Tracer is the same as the Escort.
The Escort body style was the same from 1991-1996.
Both the Probe and the Escort used the 4EAT automotic transmission.
I also own a special breakdown and assembly/disassembly manual for the the Probe ATX.
If you just need a couple diagrams I should be able to scan them for you.
If you want the whole 4EAT disassembly/reassembly manual I would give it to you pretty cheap.
Otherwise you might be able to find a disassembly/reassembly manual for the escort 4EAT on ebay.
 
thanks Don I know how to do the work and am looking for some kind of parts diagram I guess. I may try the dealer but the one in my area seem to have too much to do to help with a simple thing such as this. I may even have to go at it blind.
 
if it has a pic of the outside assembly that will be great. The bolts and brackets are in a box the trans is on the ground and the motor is hanging on by a thread literally, a 1inch strap is all that is holding it up.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top