o/t topic band group member dies [monkeys]

bobs old iron

just watching the 11:00 am news [MST] and Davie jones dies at the age of 66 from a heart attack in Florida,, when i was younger, watched them after school in the 60"s. now there are on re-runs on cable....just depends if you liked that type of music..

[

Yeah, that makes me feel old. Now I miss my Monkees lunchbox.

I was just reading that one of the Monkee's mothers invented Whiteout and was a millionaire over it . I guess not much needed anymore with computer screens? It was Mike Nesmith. His mom Bette Nesmith invented Whiteout in 1951.

I used to watch them back in the 70's on TV and had a couple "45" records of them. I like their tunes.
Kow Farmer

They were a little before my time but I liked watching them after school none the less.

I think the last time I recall seeing Davie was on one of those Time Life deal where they were selling 60's pop music.

He seemed like a great guy. Sad. 66 is very young for a fella whom seemed to have so much life in him.

By the way, speaking of deaths. Lynn D. “Buck” Compton died at age 90. (Band of Brothers).

She sold it at the right time, I have a bother in law that fixed and service typewriters, he had high schools and offices all over. he never saw it coming!
"In 1979 she sold Liquid Paper to the Gillette Corporation for USD $47.5 million. At the time, her company employed 200 people and made 25 million bottles of Liquid Paper per year.[5]

Bette Nesmith died in 1980, at the age of 56, in Richardson, Texas"

She sure didn't get much time to enjoy her millions. . .

I, on the other hand, seem to have plenty of time, its getting the millions that's problematic. . .

I saw the Monkeys on my senior trip to Chicago 43 years ago. It was in some big old opera house. We were a class of 24 from a tiny rural high school in a tiny northwest Iowa town and here we were among thousands of screaming girls in the biggest theater we'd ever been in. You could read by the flickering blue light of the flash bulbs. The Monkeys were late coming on stage and only performed for a half hour and then it was over. Davey would have been probably 23 or 24 at the time. Jim

Today a girl at work told me about one of the Monkees dying. I told her I didn't believe it...."Then I saw her face.......now I'm a believer".....~groan~

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back