Old Garden Tractors in 2023

Technically I think this is considered a "compact construction" tractor, it sure gets regular use here and is more capable than you would think for its size. Case 646
cvphoto125004.jpg

Technically I think this is considered a "compact construction" tractor, it sure gets regular use here and is more capable than you would think for its size. Case 646 View attachment 4292
You got a dandy there, they can get into those places where others cannot. I have a Ingersoll 6018 wanted the Case, but didn't have the time to get one ready to use. Having a like others a bad back, it sure comes in handy. I do think I could get talked into a Case

Attachments

• 20190419_105445_resized.jpg
    20190419_105445_resized.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 31
You got a dandy there, they can get into those places where others cannot. I have a Ingersoll 6018 wanted the Case, but didn't have the time to get one ready to use. Having a like others a bad back, it sure comes in handy. I do think I could get talked into a Case
I got lucky on this purchase. A widow had it and all she knew was it was a lawnmower with a front loader, and said she wanted $300 for it

Bolens early HT-20. Rear tiller. I baby it so bad. Bought it ten yrs ago for 400. Big tires so looks mean.
I've mowed with it and the mower is very quiet.
Love that Case! Wanted one for the Bolens but no, I baby it.

I have a soft spot in my heart for the Jacobsen built Fords. I have several from 10HP to 16HP.
I bought this LGT 125 (12 HP) for $75 about 40 years ago. I've never had a mower deck on it but it sees plenty of worView attachment 4242k with the plow in the winter and the sickle bar mower in summer. Tough, tough little machine!View attachment 4239View attachment 4241

I've got that ones brother. A 1972 LGT145 Kohler K321 hydrostatic drive, parent brought new. Motor is starting to smoke but it's never been apart, neither has the hydro-drive. I've got a Jacobsen and another Ford parts tractors.

Might try to get another season out of it then do piston/rings and valves.

Its been a long time since IH Cub Cadets, Wheelhorse Tractors, etc came off the assembly line.

Question is - are you still mowing and running your old garden tractor full out for hours on end like you did when they were new or are they retired to light duty with a newer mower taking its place.
I've had Case for past 25 yrs. I run a '69-442, '71-444 & '74-444. No overhauls, at this point.. They are 'Die-hards', if cared for ..

Its been a long time since IH Cub Cadets, Wheelhorse Tractors, etc came off the assembly line.

Question is - are you still mowing and running your old garden tractor full out for hours on end like you did when they were new or are they retired to light duty with a newer mower taking its place.
I mow grass with a new JD x590. I have a cub cadet 108, repowered with a 12 hp, guess that makes it a 128. I use it to plow snow, and yard cart work. Also use it to plow garden. It has the three point sleeve hitch. I use an actuator to raise the plow…move the lever. I also have a cub cadet129 that still has mower on it. I use it at times. These were rugged tractors, heavy duty rear ends. The equivalent new tractors don’t have capabilities for a plow attachment like the Cubs did. That was a simple attachment. It is a Brinly plow. I have repainted and restored both cubs. They are still going! I love the stick shift 108/128.

I use two GT mowers, A 1971 Case 444 & a 1973 Case 444. Mow 1.75 acres.

I run a bobcat 32" walk behind "landscaper's mower"but have 3 Ariens S/GT series tractors and a Sperry new Holland. They are all the same machine.
I have I think 3, 48" decks, plus 2 54" front plows, a 48" 2 stage snowblower, a 34" rear tiller with extension on 1 side which makes it a 42" tiller and a rear PTO powered lawn/leaf vac.
I leave the snowblower on the GT19 all the time, only one that has power steering, and I just finished putting the rear PTO on one of the gt16s that came off of another GT19 that I used to have, means I can run the tiller and lawn vac on 2 of them/ the tiller is going onto that gt16.
I also have a cub 129 that I have the engine apart on, for a total rebuild. I have a few decks to choose from for that one. I put the ported pump onto from a 1650 I got for parts (was missing too much to put back together) and all the hydraulic lift goodies from the 1650.
Currently looking for a complete PTO clutch for this tractor so I can mow with it again.

I have a CC 108, purchased in 1974. Rather than overhaul, it was repowered to a 12 hp. Guess that makes it a 128. I have repainted, restored it, and use it to plow with and to push snow. Works good. I rigged up an actuator to the lift lever to raise plow. I also have rigged up a belt driven 120 v generator to it. Put on hour meter also. I readily use it. Good rugged tractor. I always liked the styling of these tractors.

We still use our 1811 Cub Cadet with the Kohler Magnum 18. I think it's a 1986 Model. We have owned it since 2004.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back