Old New Idea Manure spreader identification

Hi everyone, I've taken up the task of
fixing up this old New Idea Manure
Spreader, but I can't seem to figure out
what model it is. I think it's a No. 12
but the rear gear that drive the beaters
don't seem to match up with a No. 12. Any
idea what model?

Edit: photos didn't upload first time lol.
mvphoto107754.jpg

mvphoto107755.jpg

mvphoto107756.jpg

This post was edited by RedWhiteandBluewoodlaunch on 07/22/2023 at 03:51 pm.

Complete pictures of the whole spreader would help. I cannot place anything like in middle picture on a No 12. That looks like a pto drive from what little I can see of it and a No. 12 is completly ground driven. Full picture of spreader would tell me if ground or PTO drive.

Don't have an idea as to what model. That chain in the next to last picture looks like if it has to drop down on to the sprocket is upside down for operation. The curls in the link should be down so the flex of the chain can wrap around the sprocket some to drive and not slip on the top of the sprocket.

Give us a full side view of spreader an d we can help you, if you do not want to do that and only show a very tiny part, only half the part we want to see then we cannot help you. That part in your second picture looks like part of the pto drive for the beaters and NOT a part of a ground drive spreader, A groubd drive spreaders the ground drive drives al and does not have the part you are showing. I have has the ground drive No, 9, No.8, No.10 and No.12 spreaders and the half a part I am seeing is definatluy not a part of a ground drive spreader. And because it has the gearing for the web from the wheels does not make it a ground drive spreader as a PTO spreader the PTO only drives the beaters and the ground drives the web. If you will not help your self then we cannot help you. Others are only looking at the web drive and forgeting beater drive.

Alright hereare some full photos. One beater is still hooked up and still moves, there's also a fine toothed gear for the speader chain.
Jack has L487 on it, I think that's the lot number.
mvphoto107792.jpg

mvphoto107793.jpg

mvphoto107794.jpg

mvphoto107795.jpg

This post was edited by RedWhiteandBluewoodlaunch on 07/23/2023 at 05:47 pm.

Yup, that's a 17, have one just like it, works beautifully.
I have a parts manual and can send close up pic's if that could be helpful.
E-mail is open.

Fr. Bob

New Idea.hmmmm. Became and Old Idea! Smile.

A manure spreader is one piece of machinery that the manufacturer will not stand behind.

(quoted from post at 07:43:53 07/24/23) Yup, that's a 17, have one just like it, works beautifully.
I have a parts manual and can send close up pic's if that could be helpful.
E-mail is open.

Fr. Bob

I'll let ya know if I need any photos. It's mostly all there just missing the apron chain and some beater bars. Glad to hear you still got one working good.

I rebuilt a 206 many years ago. Used treated lumber for the wood. I took everything off the frame, cleaned up the rust and painted all. The wood boards are actually a big part of the total assembly strength so you need to replace all bad ones, fit and bolt them in tightly. Measure any parts that bolt to wood, take photos and get them back in the exact same place.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back