rjbret

New User
Im looking at what I think is a super 88 industrial tractor but the serial no. Takes me nowhere.the metal tag is lower left
under dash. The tag has spec no. 28-7025 and set no. 51 440-813 . I think it might be a 1949 because the first year
they used the 77 sheet metal. I have looked at several lists and cant find that number. Any help please

Randy

Thanks J. Thats interesting! So is it a super 88? The rear fenders are stamped oliver. But the information I read about the first year they used the 77 sheet metal doesnt make sense.

As John said, it is a 1957 built tractor. Specification Number 28-7025 = 28 is the last number used for the Super 77 for production beginning 1, 1, 1957 or the Improved tractors, yes it should have Oliver stamped in the fenders.
First number after the dash 7 is for industrial tractor, remaining numbers indicate how the tractor was equipped.

The serial number is 51 440 which was built in late 1957. As John said the last three numbers is the powertrain identifier. 8 indicates an 88, Super 88 or early 880 Tractor. 13 is the specific powertrain, an Industrial used on 88, Super 88 and early 880 with the spur gear transmission.

Thanks so much guys! I just havent been able to find that serial number anywhere. I wasnt sure if it was one of the rare ones.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back