Oliver Tractor prices

no-obama

I am baffled and upset at the prices people are asking for tractors now. You take a regular 66 up to a 1855-1955 and if it runs, people ask in my opinion way to much. Alot of sellers say it is a rare tractor,,with most specialty tractors I can agree,,but probably in rough shape. Id like if people could really take the time to set down and figure the cost part by part. Sheet metal is the real killer if you need a good hood....etc. I dont know how many 1855s and 1955s ive seen throw rods, Blow the crank, crack the blocks and literally ventilate the crank case and people are asking 8000-13,000 for these things. I pity the poor guy that takes one home and in the first year has to find a block or crank. Ive seen nicely restored 770 tractors sell for 4-5 thousand when someones asking 2500 for a rough one.Buy a tractor and try to redue front to rear for 2000 dollars, I bet you'll end up dead broke halfway back the tractor and not even get close to the rear.
I guess Im just saying to people to watch out for the crooks out there and do cost of parts research before purchase of a tractor. Hey Ive got Olivers to and I dont want the prices to bottom out but I dont want them to go crazy either. And I didnt wake up one morning and decide I was going to start messing with Olivers,,,,Theyve been in my family for years. My great grandfather retired his horses with a brand new oliver 60.

You can ask the moon but you still have to find someone who wants to buy the moon. How many of these high prices actually get paid? It is also said they do not make them anymore and are you willing to give yours away for a cheap price. They are only worth what one is willing to pay.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back