One of the Companies I have worked with

Thanks for posting, very interesting. I drove truck for the sugar beet harvest in the Red River Valley of Minnesota the first 3 years I was retired, some of the equipment looks familiar.

Most of those pictures work well during dry years. Ad in the mud and most of them would be stuck setting on the side of the headland while others were digging. For example back in the 80's we had to weld a small tab to the side of the lifter wheels at the junction of the rim and spoke to make the wheels turn in the mud. I was talking to a grower this month in the elevator line and he said they now use a piece about 2x3 for that same job to make them turn in more mud than we were in back then. He also was telling me the beets are smaller for more sugar per beat than the big ones. They also use what they call a mouse now to load trucks off the headland windrow so trucks stay in the road while loading. Just empty the carts at the head land and go back for more with them. Not sure if that is less compaction or not. Trucks were not good for the compaction dragging them around in the field.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back