One wire and 3/2 wire 10SI

The gentleman that builds mine puts a reg in that will start charging at a lower rpm. Not sure where he buys them but works on my older tractors that run at lower rpms.The other posters can tell you alot more information on the working of the alt. I have never pulled the rubber plug to look at mine.

(quoted from post at 12:20:21 10/28/23) The gentleman that builds mine puts a reg in that will start charging at a lower rpm. Not sure where he buys them but works on my older tractors that run at lower rpms.The other posters can tell you alot more information on the working of the alt. I have never pulled the rubber plug to look at mine.
ome sellers/mfgrs claim lower rpm start up, as does the Transpo D10AC pictured here/above.

I took a good look at the 1 and 2 spade connectors under the rubber plug, and they are bonded together, just like JMOR shows in his pic. Guess its totally a one wire. It will work well on my 283 in my 1931 Pontiac 5 window. steve

(quoted from post at 10:00:51 10/30/23) I took a good look at the 1 and 2 spade connectors under the rubber plug, and they are bonded together, just like JMOR shows in his pic. Guess its totally a one wire. It will work well on my 283 in my 1931 Pontiac 5 window. steve

You CAN connect them. They just won't do anything.

(quoted from post at 14:14:37 10/30/23)
(quoted from post at 10:00:51 10/30/23) I took a good look at the 1 and 2 spade connectors under the rubber plug, and they are bonded together, just like JMOR shows in his pic. Guess its totally a one wire. It will work well on my 283 in my 1931 Pontiac 5 window. steve

You CAN connect them. They just won't do anything.
othing useful anyway.............possibly result in a constant battery drain when parked.

(quoted from post at 15:49:03 10/30/23)
Why not connect the alternator properly with three wires ?
e said at the beginning that he has a one wire alternator. That might possibly be the reason. However, he could install a standard VR in it and use 3 wire connection.

i was fortunate enough to get one that starts to charge as soon as the ford fires, even if it's only on one or two cylinders for the moment. i just went out to the shed and hugged it :)

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back