Ontario's 21 Higway

Michael Soldan

Well its closed again due to blizzard like conditions. Today it was from Goderich north. I worked in Bayfield today and came home around 4 PM , I had a bad drive , some white outs , snow drifted across the road and I was concerned I would hit a drift and get sideways. I took my time and made it. Just one of the joys of living near Lake Huron and her westerly winds. The north south roads are the worst. The same is predicted for tomorrow. Grandkids haven't been to school for 5 days out of 6. They claim the wind chill is -30*C , you wouldn't walk far if you ditched your vehicle ! Stay warm everybody.

I'm in BC and we might get a bit of snow next week finally.

Some friends from Wisconsin sent this...

cvphoto11433.jpg

Highway 21, Ontario’s part time road .
Closed from Goderich to Owen Sound now .
Discovered a crisis at lunch time that will necessitate an emergency trip into town before supper. We have ran out of French’s tomato ketchup.
Some Bruce Power staff will be stuck at work for several days before getting home .

Yep, live about 3 miles off 21. In our township, the rule of thumb was to have a bulk tank that would hold 6 milkings....just in case the truck couldn't get in. Can't do that now, but those truck drivers are about the best there is for travelling on closed roads in these conditions to get the milk picked up. Makes school bus drivers like me look pretty wimpy!
Ben

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back