OT- Excellent VA service!

JMS/.MN

Some might remember my recent post about the breast cancer issue with the (way) better half of 41 years....Plan was to get my second hip replacement this winter, but she just started 5 months of chemo, so I"ll wait til that is done. Had a cortisone shot in the hip in April, so could walk better....shooters have been miserable, but nothing compared to what she faces.....shot has been worn off for over a month. Called St. Cloud VA at 1 today, by 2 I had an appt for another shot this Friday! Should be good for another 6-7 months, but would really prefer to get the replacement in the winter, a year from now....otherwise no summer projects get done, and some have been hanging for more than two years. STC MN VA has an excellent reputation for patient care! So, even if we can"t take the FLA/NO trip we planned for this winter, I can get to the shop and continue working on the Orange and Green hobby tractors! After being an elementary teacher for 35 years, she is so overwhelmed with the support of her coworkers, neighbors, church members, and students. (one of her kindergarten students was her teacher aide, and now is our DIL!). In THIS community of tractor friends, it is so refreshing to see the support from all. Personally, I know a few, like M Nut, Deke, another SF Veteran, Mike Johnson, "almost" know Dave MN, in-too-deep- (oh, what a nice screen name- don"t want to go there), had some inter action with so many other "friends" here, including "old"....almost stopped in to visit him on our trip to Branson in July.- I appreciate all of you. It is so wonderful to see how everyone across the country, in this community of tractor lovers, rural towns, comes together in support of others. It is the essence of the people of the heartland of this Country.

Hope all turns out good with both the wife and the hip. Was at Fargo VA today, they are pretty good there too. Got told that as soon as I get rid of 30 LBS I get one new knee.

Rick....also in MN near Battle Lake

Hey Friend,
I hope all goes well regarding your wife's health concerns. The couple of times I have seen her, it is very evident that you have a special gal to call your better half. We will be sure to think of her often and include her in our prayer concerns. I also wish you the best with your hip issue. Be careful this winter on the ice while going back and forth from the shop. Don't want to have any injuries. May this Christmas be an extra special one for you and your family.

Happy to here you get good service from the V.A but that could be where you are. In my area I have not seen the same doctor in over 4 years now and each time I go in there is a different doctor there and of course the person knows nothing about my problems unless I go to the V.A. hospital in Columbia and then maybe I will see the same doctor. This winter my right knee has gotten so bad that I have to wear a brace most of the time if I plan to walk much of any distance

Good luck to your wife!

We have great VA care here in Nebraska, also. Just had my annual physical last week. Everything still good.

Here the VA assigns you a doctor, so when you go for whatever reason you always see the same doctor. Mine's great. Kinda laid back and easygoing, but he knows what he's doing.

Every year, they send me a letter reminding me it's time for my annual physical, and it never takes more than a week or so to get an appointment.

I went to the VA facility in Spirit Lake, Ia today to get molds done for hearing aids. Normally I go to the Royal C. Johnson VA hospital in Sioux Falls. Very good care there also.

I use the VA hospital at Tomah, Wisconsin, and
their outreach clinic at LaCrosse Wisconsin.
The part that I see is ultra modern, and I get
super service. I'm very pleased.
The Main hospital, at Tomah has nurseing home
and hundreds of "Old" vets retired there. It's
so sad to see the young men missing limbs. Why
do we have to be police to the world and people
who hate and resent Americans?

(quoted from post at 08:22:44 12/20/11) Just think, if we had a good health care system like developed countries we could all have this!

Just had to make it political didn't you?

Rick

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back