OT Husky brand at home depot = campbel hausfeld??

souNdguy

was looking at a air comp at HD.. saw one that looked suspiciously like a CH modle down to the nth degree.. looke dup specs online.. listed as manufacturer brand, husky, manufacturer name.. Campbel hausfeld

anyone confirm this?

why make a dupe and then drop the price? the husky is 20-30$ cheaper than the ch model of the same specs

Not sure, but usually they get their money somewhere, like the washing machine manufacturers. It might be a moter with bushings instead of bearings or the like. But Ive see chain saw sharpeners that I swear are clones. sometimes you pay for advertising or a name.

Husky is just a store branded CH compressor, and most likely the same machine sold under many different names. I know I have seen several rebranded compressors identical to my CH which I purchased at Home Depot about 8 yrs ago. Mine was labeled as 7 HP at the time, and there was a large class action lawsuit on over rating the HP of them. Unfortunately I missed out on that, as the settlement was for the owners were to receive $100 worth of CH air tools. I was unaware of it until the deadline passed. HP ratings are much lower now on the same machine/motor combination now, and my guess is the lawyers made out most of all. Google online for 10% 'movers' coupons from Lowes. A few yrs ago I used the same type coupon I bought online to knock off $280 off on a Toro zero turn mower at HD.

I bought a very small compressor last summer and basically saw the same machine everywhere with different paint and stickers. Ended up buying it at Sears as it carried a little better warranty but clearly from the same factory as the ones at HF.

(quoted from post at 21:01:32 01/31/12) was looking at a air comp at HD.. saw one that looked suspiciously like a CH modle down to the nth degree.. looke dup specs online.. listed as manufacturer brand, husky, manufacturer name.. Campbel hausfeld

anyone confirm this?

why make a dupe and then drop the price? the husky is 20-30$ cheaper than the ch model of the same specs

Like I said before, the various components are all made at the same factories. Tanks are made in one factory, compressor units are made at another. Just take you pick of color, branding, price, etc.

yep.. checked it out furthere.. the red husky is a campbel hausfeld.. says so right on the tank tag.

I did a lil foot work last night.

electric motor is exactly the same on all 3 units

so is the tank.. down to metal feet, though 1 tank had no rebber pads under feet, and the other 2 had different sizes.

same pump head, tubing regulator/switch on all 3 units.

plastic shroud / guard was the same on 2 units and slightly boxier / cheaper looking on the 3rd.

specs for all 3 were identical.. go figure.

about 20$ seperated each model in order...

I chose for color and price.. :)

soundguy

Not sure which model you are looking at - I went with the Husky Model VT6314 and am very happy with it for my use. As you know, it is a red version of CH and in my case was a lot cheaper - Home depot had them on sale. I see now a new one is $449 and the same model refurbished is $669 - go figure.

I did work for a supplier for a while - Home Depot was our largest customer. They will beat the snot out of you on price and you generally have to agree if you want to keep their business.........CH has the same problem.

I shopped all the usual suppliers, harbor freight, lowes, home depot, plus a couple industrial supply shops and tool stores. I was surprised to see HD with the lowest price. down here anyway, lowes usualy beats HD.. but not on this one. Ironically.. HD bet harbor freight by quite a margin too!

I ended up with a husky (ch ).. it's all wired and plumbed in.. ont he big bung on the side I put in a large T, one suire has a big 1/2" 't' style qd the other has a 3 head manifold for i/m style qd's 2 @ 1/4 1 @ 3/8

have my painting air reg plumbed in and set.. plus 2 other useable air lines for tools.. or can parallel my 30g tank with a short male to male.

i played with my 3/4 and 1" air gun a bit last night.. the 3/4 worked 'ok' ona 1/2" line off my 30g tank.. but wran out of air fast.

now it's fine.. and the 1" gun is way nice...

soundguy

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back