Photo ads not updating?

You are correct.

We are in a transition period to the new Photo Ads / Classifieds system. The old photo ads were left in place until they expire so a few will disappear each day until none show up there. Just above the ads, you'll see a link that will lead you to the new ads, or you can click on Marketplace above and select Classifieds to get there.

All ad systems (Photo Ads, Classifieds, Hauling Schedule) have been consolidated under this new system.

Once all the old ads have expired, all links will be changed to point to the new system.

Edit: I misspoke, the link above under market place will take you to the old ads, but you will see the link there to get to the new ads.

I think view counts support that impression. It's always been that way though. There is an announcements thing but it's so intrusive we haven't used it.

I never thought to look at the view count.

I was going by the amount of threads/posts I see in other sections asking questions and such that would be better suited in Site Comments.

I never thought to look at the view count.

I was going by the amount of threads/posts I see in other sections asking questions and such that would be better suited in Site Comments.
That may be partly because some people show a preference to post in one forum. They may feel more comfortable posting to the people they see as their closer friends implied by the forum they hang out in (regardless of category).

That may be partly because some people show a preference to post in one forum. They may feel more comfortable posting to the people they see as their closer friends implied by the forum they hang out in (regardless of category).

No doubt in my mind that is the case.

Makes for a sloppy site though doesn't it?

I mean, if I go to Tractor & Farm Talk for example, I expect to see just that, not how the new format is terrible and other various off topic stuff.

I doubt that will ever change though unless the moderation team takes it upon themselves to move threads to their proper forums and try to educate members to use the proper forums.

Yes, I know that would be a lot of extra work for the mods and would surely make a lot of members explode in rage at being asked to post in the proper place.

I really don't expect to see any change in that regard though and I do think that it is detrimental to the site.

So, with all that being said, I guess I'll just continue to peruse the forums and simply shake my head and carry on regardless of who posts what where.

Thanks for providing a place to air grievances, ask questions, etc. Too bad more wouldn't make use of it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back