Pictures From Goessel,KS Show-Flint Hills

1206SWMO

Yesterday I attended the Goessel,KS show...It was a nice day with clouds until early afternoon which helped keep the temperature down some..There was a large crowd there for the parade on Main Street at 9:30 AM and then later at the show...The very first picture is the Boyle brothers Case in the parade...They live 10 miles east of me..Goessel had been dry for most of the year but good rains in July left the ground barely dry enough to plow..We are totally burning up here in Missouri..

Theres not many shows in my part of the country where you can see a 30-60 E Oil Pull plowing with 8 bottoms,a Massey SP corn picker picking corn, and a 21-32 Twin City with a MM combine cutting wheat...The wet ground didn't bother the L Allis crawler on the 8 bottom plow....Its an action show with lots to see..

I left for the show early Friday morning which is 200 miles away..I went the gravel roads thru the Flint Hills taking pictures and ended up taking 350 miles to get to Newton,KS where I spent the night..When I got up early Sat morning I had to change a tire as the gravel had gotten it....The last 4 pictures are from Friday in the beautiful Flint Hills showing a road in open range,two one room schools,and a rock arch bridge..I crossed at least 3-4 arch bridges..
a275891.jpg

a275893.jpg

a275894.jpg

a275895.jpg

a275896.jpg

a275897.jpg

a275898.jpg

a275900.jpg

a275901.jpg

a275902.jpg

a275903.jpg

a275905.jpg

a275906.jpg

a275907.jpg

a275908.jpg

a275909.jpg

a275910.jpg

a275911.jpg

a275912.jpg

a275914.jpg

a275915.jpg

a275916.jpg

a275918.jpg

a275920.jpg

a275921.jpg

a275922.jpg

a275923.jpg

a275924.jpg

a275925.jpg

a275926.jpg

I hate to sound negative, but I'm not a big fan of the Flint Hills.

Every year when they burn them off, I have serious respiratory problems from the smoke that blows up to Nebraska. A lot of other people do, too.

I live right near the Kansas/Nebraska state line on the Kansas side, so I listen to a lot of the Nebraska radio stations and watch Nebraska TV stations (almost rarely anymore), all the broadcasters and announcers are bad-mouthing Kansas for the annual burning of the flint hill pastures. And, you are right, there are a lot of pastures in Kansas being burned. What is rarely mentioned, though, are all the pastures that are being burned in southeast Nebraska. Since I live less than a mile from the state line, I am in Nebraska quite a bit and I always see a lot of pasture burning in Nebraska also. Funny how people in your state never mention those offenders.

Did you notice the gal in that one picture has a can of snuff in her hip pocket? Who says they don't make them like they used to.

I do like that '57 Ford. Saw on at a show in Fredericksburg TX a couple of years ago. All original. $14,000. I didn't have my checkbook.

(quoted from post at 16:16:15 08/05/18) Did you notice the gal in that one picture has a can of snuff in her hip pocket? Who says they don't make them like they used to.

I think that’s one of those round gripper things they put on their cell phones. I do know a lady who has one of those round circles in her back pocket and it’s the real thing.

Thanks for posting the great pictures. We had a very good attendance on Saturday, probably the highest we've seen in the last 10 years or more. The number of exhibits seemed to be higher than in recent years also. We were featuring Minniapolis Moline and had a pretty good turnout for that and Twin City. Russ (aka "Moll" here on YT) had a nice one belted up to the threshing machine in your 15th picture. The UDLX is owned by another club member and it was neat seeing it after its complete restoration following a serious thermal event in the shed it was housed in a number of years ago.

We do try to have a lot going on at our show and can take advantage of having our own farm ground for demonstrations. You were being generous when you said it was "barely dry enough to plow" - we may be paying the price later for working this gumbo too wet. However, allowing guys to be out there made for a better show and that's what it's all about.

Thank you for posting the pictures of our show. I am the one leaning on my Fowler crawler. The Field Marshall tractor is also mine. We had a good show.

Jim

beautiful pictures 1206swmo, thank you for taking the time and effort, love the country side and the tractors, looks like it was a great show.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back