Planting Sunflowers and Millet with a 7000 Deere

dfarmann

I need to plant Sunflowers and Millet for a Landlord in some CRP. I have never seeded such a crop but do know my way around a 7000 as I use to assemble them back in the 70s when I worked for a dealer.

Can anyone walk me through the settings/rates/population for these crops? Is there a way to plant every other row sunflowers and Millet and use one Transmission setting? I also plan to plant Millet in my sacrifice pasture where the cows spent the winter.

I will be ordering the seed cups and plates for each crop from the local dealer.

Many Thanks for any help.

I would think you could get by with a large flat corn plate, or a bean plate for white beans. Both have pretty large slots for seed. As for settings I would also think something close to corn setting for flowers. Millet is finer I believe so probably something like a Sudan grass plate and more like a bean setting for that close to the every 2 inches or so for millet. If you are going to plant in 30 inch rows. This is my guesstimate for those.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back