Plowed up some sod with the old WD yesterday

Will Herring

Plow was greased up from last year, but I haven't tried to roll any sod in a long time... Had to go in 1st gear wide open as I was losing traction in 2nd even with ballast, but pretty happy with the result. Will disc it down in the spring.

Em3ak8N.jpg

dsQXQCM.jpg

TgU46Ee.jpg

fJAGSUY.jpg

Never tried to upload a youtube short before, but here's about 30 seconds of video of plowing (looks okay on mobile, kind of like trash on Desktop I think):

https://youtube.com/shorts/_4_K8_rB9Fc?si=CZCrv5uFb6Sf1cFL

Anyway, hope you all enjoy. Haven't been able to post in awhile, so good to be back.

Thank you for the neat story and picture. Brought back good memories of the neighbor with his new WD and speedy plowing. Leo

Plowing looks good. I clicked on the link and all I got was U tube videos shorts, no
plowing.

Last time I used my plow was 2016. I am plowing down a Timothy field to go back into alfalfa. It was not
heavy sod. Just before I finished the last pull one of the trip bottoms hit a rock, the spring broke so
wouldnt reset. I put new parts in but the plow has been parked since. These days I just run the disk to
re-seed a field. Works very well with half the effort.
cvphoto167201.jpg

IaLeo -- Thank you. I don't get to do it often, but it is a lot of fun to take grandpa's old WD and get into the dirt.

flying belgian -- Thanks!

super99 -- Yeah I don't quite "get" youtube shorts...

Mark-Mi -- Sure does! Gave her quite a workout.

Traditional Farmer -- Yeah only a few people playing around or doing gardens use plows anymore. Other than an occasional pass with a chisel plow around the field edge or drive lanes to loosen up roots and compaction.

tomstractorsandtoys -- Dang, very nice deal! This one was grandpas, it came into my possession back in the early 90s. Been a good tractor.

DoubleR -- Oh yeah, I can plow the field in bean years with bean trash on top, but no way could I try and plow under all that corn trash. Whew, that'd have been fun to try!

jddrawbar -- True story!

Northvale PA -- Isn't that the luck. Looking forward to only needing to disc come spring here.

GermantownGreen -- Thanks, glad you enjoyed! Rolled over just like I was hoping and shined the plow up nicer than ever before, I was really happy!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back