Power Adjust Rim clamps

TractorDad3

Greetings, I am getting closer to bolting these on but I am wondering about the clamps and hardware paint.
If I painted the rims auto silver, should the clamps also be silver or should they be the wheel color? Thinking wheel color will look better and more like original. Surprised by how few images exist on the Google machine
Thank you for your thoughts

I use Rustoleum Hammered Metal Silver for both rims and hardware.

Be certain to place the spacer clamp in the proper position. If you do not, it will break upon upon tightening.

Thank you Dean. I saw one of your posts from 2010 I believe referencing this direction to prevent breakage. And that the clamps should be on the outside.

I answered the wheel paint question last week I believe.

FORD rims were all zinc or cad plated, never painted, supplied by KELSEY-HAYES, DETROIT, MI and the MPC's show the part number suffix 'S7' is CADMIUM PLATED, and the 'S8' suffix is Zinc Plated. The Metallic or aluminum shades of paint are often used but will only look OK for a short time then dull with time. You can rub your thumb and it'll come off easy. There are TWO types of CAD plating - Silver and Gold. It's the Silver-Bluish type that FORD used and other parts like the Throttle Lever & Plate, Acorn Nut and Washer, Gas Tank, and some hardware were all cad plated. There are a few suppliers of the Silver Cad paint that simulates the original CAD plating. I restored a half dozen sets of FORD Hat Rims with a special wheel paint made by CNH/CASE IH called Iron Gard Silver Argent - see PIX below. Set pictured I did in 2003 and has held up perfectly as the day it was done. EASTWOOD Products also makes a Silver Argent wheel paint too and they also make a Silver-Cad paint.

FORD 28 x 9 HAT RIMS, RESTORED w/CNH-CASE IH IRONGARD SILVER ARGENT WHEEL PAINT:
iNQ5C1Nl.jpg
3478G4ll.jpg
byyZ6eTl.jpg

EASTWOOD PRODUCTS, SILVER ARGENT WHEEL PAINT:
p10001e_1.jpg

EASTWOOD PRODUCTS SILVER CAD SIMULATES CAD PLATING ON THROTTLE LEVER & PLATE, GAS TANK, ACORN NUT & WASHER, SOME HARDWARE:
ix98L0bl.jpg
3tI3rxSl.jpg

FORD POWER-ADJUST SPIN-OUT REAR RIMS:
cdn7UqKl.jpg
6lvEpH8l.jpg

Tim Daley (MI)

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back