Power steering pump

Ron2112

New User
mvphoto109701.jpg

mvphoto109702.jpg

Ford 172 engine. Power steering pump making noise. Would like to replace it. Anyone know what kind this is and where would I get one.
Thanks

Standard Ford pump from the late
50's to mid 60's. Automobiles,
trucks and tractors. Seems like you
have to switch the lines to the
opposite side when using one from a
car but it's been a long time. I
gave my brother in law one off a 65
Fairlane for his Ford tractor with
a 172.

E bay has several. It is my understanding , that the pumps are alike, just the brackets and such are different, just transfer your bracket. W
pumps

Would be cheaper to change the filter in it and see if that took care of the noise. Might be just a bit short on the supply side with a partailly plugged filter. Could also to heavy of oil or low on oil and even ti thin of oil will do that sometimes . Lots to check before the cost of a pump. To get to the filter take the entire lid off the top and then there it will be.

Already changed filter. No change. Still makes ticking noise like the impeller is rubbing. Tuff to turn. This is the new replacement model C3NN3A674C. No sure if it will match up.
Appreciate any help

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back