Question about plow land slides

I am having trouble finding how to correctly mount the rear (long/extended) landslides to my ih 140 plow. The longer landslides have two square holes that appear to seat plow bolts in addition to the round and square shaped holes which attach it to the red (arm?) of the plow. How do i use these/where/what do i connect them to?

I have compiled photos in my imgur album below to better show my issue.

https://imgur.com/a/Ip3liJ3

The round and square holes are just there to allow clearance for the bolt heads that hold the frog to to the beam.They attach just like the other short ones. They only extend back to provide more support
against side sway.As said not all holes are used on all plows,but all may be used on others.That 'SuperChief bottom has from the early 1960,and is still used today.Available in 14;16;18 inch.The share and
land side is common to all.

Over the last 40 years of plowing with IH rollovers(314;642;140),I have lost or broken several of those 'heels. No biggie. Just keep on plowing..... ;)

cvphoto151472.jpg

My plough has an Anti-wear plate to reduce the load on the landslide, It
also could have a heel iron to push slightly on the bottom of the furrow as
said. The support rod from the plough body also fixes into those holes.

You need to copy and paste the url from you library for each picture you want to show. It needs the .jpg at the end of the link. Your link doesn't show anything.
PLOWORX may be able to help you. If they don't have the part, they will make the part if you send them the old one. LANDSIDE is the correct term, but many mistake the
term with landSLIDE.

F7dUEEDl.jpg

h2SBDYQl.jpg
UPfx0pLl.jpg

Tim Daley(MI)
PLOWORX

Nope. Those 'new' long landsides dont use heels. a gage wheel,or the draft control keeps in uniform.

Are you talking about the part that is marked "CASE CORP?" That doesn't even have the correct holes for mounting it on your plow! Doesn't matter what the other holes do because it's not the correct landside for an IH plow at all.

It's for a CASE plow, not an IH plow.

mvphoto104097.jpg

This post was edited by BarnyardEngineering on 04/03/2023 at 06:16 am.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back