Rabbit in the sweet corn , !ugh!

560Dennis

Well the lower section of the yard ,I planted three short rows of extra sweet corn . Was wondering after they spouted , they were nipped off ,what the thunder , I couldnt find any deer tracks. Was watching the young hawks in back yard . . Over by the corn I saw this rabbit come out and devoured one of the four inch corn replacements that I planted. Ugh !
I witness these clumsy young hawk s try to get this rabbit a few days ago and I thought it was funny how they missed the rabbit that was only a few inches away, dont think its funny now.
Now After the bunny got my corn ,I m routings for the hawks to have a rabbit meal .
Good thing I planed the main garden sweet corn up close to the house and used these three rows as a sacrifice.

Deer, definitely deer in my garden. They think it is their personal food plot. Gotten corn, beans, potatoes, tomatoeslettuce and other plants. Going to have to cover entire garden with blood meal.o

Better then coon they wait until the day before its ready and destroy it. Since we got the new cat I haven't seen a rabbit in the yard, she does dawn patrol.

Had the same thing with my green beans but I think one of my dogs made a meal of it. Went to buy some more seed and all the RK's around are out except for the 10 seeds for two dollars packages.

I buy a product called Liquid Fence from Tractor Supply to keep deer out of my garden and it works great - wouldn't keep a garden a week without it. Label says its should work on rabbits. That one I can't say if it works but its worth a try.

I never have that problem but then again my barn cats wold not let a rabbit anywhere near the garden

Eliminate raccoons now cause when the corn is a week before you intend to pick it they destroy it . 15 to 30 of them arrive and waste your hard work in one night .
The most has been 15 back in 2011, neighbors have corn deer feeders and theres an explosion in populated raccoons

Electric fence high and low works wonders. Wakes me up when I forget to shut it off
when I enter the garden. Don't know what that jolt does to my pacemaker.

Yes, the bunnies are a problem. Didn't have much problem with the sweet corn, only a couple of young plants eaten off. But they eat off the young green bean plants, nip off runners on the watermelon and cantaloupe. Have a two strand hot wire that keeps the coons out, but I guess the bunnies just jump over it. Have used the animal pest repellant before with somewhat good results, will have to get some more. Found out that it only last for a few days; even less if it gets rained on.

(quoted from post at 10:15:03 07/13/21) Eliminate raccoons now cause when the corn is a week before you intend to pick it they destroy it . 15 to 30 of them arrive and waste your hard work in one night .
The most has been 15 back in 2011, neighbors have corn deer feeders and theres an explosion in populated raccoons

Exactly how do you accomplish this when you see neither hide nor hair of them at any point before or after?

Ive always used sevin dust sprinkled heavy on the plants for every few days until they get a little bigger then the squirrel and bunnies leave it alone

electric fence works if you use gallon jugs for the low wire and then about waist high for the top wire. top for deer and low for coons and rabbits pretty well works. We had some spinach till I weeded it one day then some thing killed it ove night the plants were still there just all shriveled up like they were sucked dry.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back