Relining band brake for 1929 D

spokerd1

I am looking for someone who can reline the band brake for a 1929 D John Deere. The part number is AD 24 R. Or can anyone tell me the type of material that John Deere used on the band brake as I think I can reline it if I knew the type of material, dimentions and lenght used. Thank You for your help.

Old brake and clutch material was usually asbestos.
Have you ever heard of that? Mesothelioma?
Anyway you can't get it anymore. Some materials use
fiber glass. I would say any of the antique suppliers
should have what you need.

Thanks for the info. I figured someone knew of a replacement material , thickness of the material needed. Yes I knew the old material was an asbestos material which runs in oil. Every place I have checked except on ytmag does not have a refurbed brake band. Thank You again for your help

You might check with Bob Dillner about relining your brake band 814-733-4397 or www.dillnertractors.com, www.farmpowerrestoration.com may be able to sell you lining also.

Doesn't JD have a part number for just the lining and rivets ? They may still offer those parts.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back