Retrofit 4240 with 7720 combine engine

Blackbaldys

New User
I am replacing a JD4240 engine with a JD7720 combine engine. I don't have a service manual for either yet.
Will the service manual for a JD4440 cover this 4240 rear end and the 7720 engine?
A couple of questions so far:
Is there stock piping for the 4240 air cleaner to turbo intake or do I need to have something bent for it or what parts do I need?
What will I need for the throttle linkage to the Bosch injector pump and also for the fuel shut-off linkage?
Any other helpful suggestions?

You will need to put a adapter into the end of the crankshaft to run the trans pump, if you have a non power shift. clean all your side frame bolt holes good and the holes on front for the pump mount you will need to alter the turbo elbow, possibly using a 4320 elbow and making the spacer match up to the turbo,, the pump throttle linkage will be on the wrong side,, I am dealing with that on a 4440/7720 swap now..check with me as you go.. [email protected]

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back