Rust looking in radiator and block

I am looking for some advice on my Oliver super 55.in getting it ready for this years work, looked at the radiator and saw rust stating to build up inside of it, took a plug out of the block and it was kinda rusty looking, I always try to use a antifreeze mix in it, I sure don't want to tear it apart to try and, to clean it up, was wondering about some kind of acid or mixture of something to help flush it out, any advice is appreciated, I bought this tractor about 55 years ago and don't want to lose it, thank you, rod

A drain and fill with white vinegar running till warm Plus 30 minutes, then draining and flushing with a running hose for 10 minutes followed by a refil of coolant mix will do wonders. Jim

and if your doing the vinegar thing , use the 10 percent stuff, as there is ordinary 5 percent and 7 percent. pickle it good, lol.

I would be leery of using vinegar or any other system cleaner in the block, the Oliver engines use o-rings to seal the block to the sleeves, you might disturb them. I would suggest you isolate the radiator from the block and clean it. The block I would flush with water, even run the engine while flushing, but do not use an acidic or basic cleaner.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back