Saturday Nature

Majorman

cvphoto167855.jpg

These are grown for the bulbs and not the flowers and there are fields and fields of tulips and hyacinths, the perfume can be overpowering on a warm Spring day.

We were travelling along a road beside them, behind a bus, suddenly the bus stopped, the doors opened and a load of Japanese tourists leaped out, jumped the ditch and dived into the field with cameras clicking, to get a picture before the machine cutting the flower heads could do its job.

Posing amongst the flowers with a large cutting machine bearing down on you would give the Health and Safety boys a heart attack.
Dutch bulb fields

My mother had a Dutch maiden name, but it wasn't the name she was born with. Her real father died when she was 4 years old and her mother remarried to a West Michigan Dutch guy. His name was Vander Mel. He adopted her.

Not a secret in my family. Three of my grandparents were born in the Netherlands. The fourth was first generation American. My dad had a pair of wooden shoes by the door and a plaque on his wall that said 'If you ain't Dutch, you ain't much.' He kinda sorta believed that maybe. He started school not knowing how to speak English. I remember Grandpa Rozenboom praying in Dutch before dinner because that was surely the language God used....(chuckle) Pretty field of tulips by the way!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back