I have seen all these posts about seats and they prompted a question. Less than a year ago I bought a new seat for my JD 1520. Nothing special, just a yellow rubbery/foam seat probably made in china. It s comfortable and doesn t absorb water. Anyhow, one day I go out to tend to my cattle and I see several crows sitting on the seat pooping all over it and they poked several holes in it with their beaks. Annoying, but manageable. I cleaned it up and made a few flexible patches out of rubber from an old inner tube pieces and some E6000 adhesive. I figured I would cover the seat with a heavy tarp while not in use to protect it from the birds. The pack rats decided that I had created the perfect hang out for them and they peed all over the seat and chewed some holes. Now I am trying to decide what material I can make a tight fitting seat cover out of that will resist punctures and be waterproof but be plyable enough to work with and sit on.

Years ago I worked for an old guy who covered the seat(MF 65) with a tractor inner tube. Bullet proof,wore like iron,water just beaded up and ran off.Wouldn't crack,no matter how cold it got. However.it would
blister your butt on a hot sunny day.

I had thought of using rubber from a inner tube to do the whole thing. However I had not considered the heat factor!!!

When my wife discards an old cookie pan I save it. I lay them on the seat of my mower and my old Deere tractors when they're parked. It seems to discourage the cats from sharpening their claws on the cushion.

Google seat covers on Amazon.
If the link below works you should see a pic of them.

There is a zipper pocket on the back of most to put your cell
phone.

I put another memory foam cushion under the seat cover to soften
the ride. Google seat cushion for office chairs on Amazon.

cvphoto136436.jpg

I have many seat covers and cushions on my tractor and lawn
mowers.
I even added a cushion to my new Kubota for extra comfort.
15 amazon seat cover.

(quoted from post at 11:16:24 09/22/22) I had thought of using rubber from a inner tube to do the whole thing. However I had not considered the heat factor!!!

Do a search engine query with. "Fixing holes in foam tractor seat"

Many solutions will pop up.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back