secrets under the paint Dealer lettered???

So im restoring my 41' 9n and after stripping off many layers of paint i finally broke threw to the original grey (i actually discovered this last fall and i haven't gotten any father on the hood than the photo but will be starting on it again soon soon).

on the front on the original gray is painted FORD with a line ruining up center towards the rad cap ( F O ! R D ).

Iv dealt with alot of old factory lettering from all different eras of cars machinery ect.. and It Looks Sharp and looks like factory done lettering.

the only thing is iv never heard of this on a 9n tractor.

has any one else seen this before

[/img:737302f19e]
mvphoto95362.jpg

Nope, I agree with Hobo and Ultradog --- it ain't original. The hood is probably original but somebody etched the name FORD across it. FORD never did that. There never were any logos on the 9N, except the nose cone badge, and the FORD script logo didn't appear on the hood til the 8N Model. Late 8N added the logo on the fenders.

Tim Daley(MI)

Its was a good thought if it was factory it would have been of some form of henry ford's signature. I googled it thinking how did they come up with the script.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back