Dave H (MI)
Well-known Member
I have this dual bell that I am going to adopt into an alarm for the shop. The junction strip has very thin (phone line size) wires. This diagram is inside the cover to the box. A red wire attaches to one terminal, a black at the opposite end. Two terminals in between with a jumper and an unidentified electronic component. The junction strip is attached to a solenoid and, guessing from how older bells operate, the unidentified component somehow breaks current to open and close the solenoid which then makes the hammer strike the bells repeatedly. Or something like that! What I do not know from looking at the diagram is what kind of voltage to use. Is there anything in this picture that gives those who know about these things the answer? Anyone know what the unknown item on the jumper might be?