Skidsteer repower

waugh621

Member
First off i am realy liking the face lift this page got real back up job, admin team deserves a p.o.b
As for my question i have recently been given a prime mover l950 skidloader with a junk engine. Can i have an old ford n motor that i could put in it with a little modification. Would this cause ant problems it had an isuzu 3 cyl diesel origanaly and the ford by my knowlage would have 3 less hp. Some one once told me underpowering a hdyro pump can damage it is this true?
Nate
 
I am not a hydraulics expert, but I do not see how underpowering a hydraulic drive would be harmful to it. It would just make it less responsive in my opinion. The greatest concern may be what RPM did the diesel run at compared to what the replacement engine is going to be happy at?
 
i have a prime L 1200 skidder. i dont think you will have any problems with three less hp. the hydraulic system on mine uses 10w40 motor oil, not hydraulic fluid. i run 15 40 rotella as i have it on hand.
 
I am not a hydraulics expert, but I do not see how underpowering a hydraulic drive would be harmful to it. It would just make it less responsive in my opinion. The greatest concern may be what RPM did the diesel run at compared to what the replacement engine is going to be happy at?
I will have to look at specific rated rpm but i didnt think those ford engine
I am not a hydraulics expert, but I do not see how underpowering a hydraulic drive would be harmful to it. It would just make it less responsive in my opinion. The greatest concern may be what RPM did the diesel run at compared to what the replacement engine is going to be happy at?
I may be mistaken but i though those ford motors were a little slower (by modern standards) only like 2000 rpm. Correct me if i'm wrong i have never tried nothing like this before.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top