Solar yard light

dr sportster

Flag code states that a flag left out overnight should be illuminated .Is there a solar light that would point up from the ground that could do this .Too much concrete to trench .
Need to fly my flag again !

I have cheapie solar yard lights.
They work just fine in the summer when there is more daylight. This time of the year the lights are very dim in the morning because there is less sunlight.

I think you may have to make your own solar power supply to compensate for less sunlight in the winter.

The only problem I see is some batteries don't charge very well if temps are too hot or too cold.

Some batteries may be near the end of life in about 3 years of charging and discharging.
That would be over 1000 cycles.

Good luck. Post what you find.

I don't have any recommendations.

A google search for solar flag light brings up numerous options.

The Charlotte Observer did a study and review of several of these and rated them according to several categories.

Their top choice is out of stock, so I linked their second choice below. 40 dollars on Amazon.
Untitled URL Link

I had one that clamped to the flagpole. It was really cheap and didn't work very well. I'm sure there's better ones out there now. I like the idea of it being out of the way mounted on the pole. Things on the ground tend to get bumped with the lawnmower or nailed with the string trimmer.

I just leave my porch light on at night. It's next to my beautiful United States flag. I proudly display it 24/7/365. Unless there is nasty weather then it comes inside.

(quoted from post at 10:39:08 11/03/23) A google search for solar flag light brings up numerous options.

The Charlotte Observer did a study and review of several of these and rated them according to several categories.

Their top choice is out of stock, so I linked their second choice below. 40 dollars on Amazon.
Untitled URL Link

May I ask.
Will that lights battery charge if the panels are covered by snow, bird crap, dirt etc etc?

I have a light which sometimes works and sometimes does not. No complaints. Flag people sort of shrug off the light. I think it's an ancient rule which doesn't really matter.

Doesn't matter then are you a veteran?? If matter to us or at least this veteran. You fly the flag as per the rules or not at all simple as that

I tried several and none worked. In the summer when nights were short a couple still had a little light. You could see the light but it wasn't bright enough to light the flag. In the winter, forget it. I finally dug a trench an run ac light. Where there is cement could you run wire to flag in the air? I don't think you will ever find a solar light that will work.

I've never seen a solar yard light that would stay lit all night. The most recent lights I bought will only burn three hours and they come on long before you could really call it night.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back