Solution In Tires

slifnom

I went to air up my tires today and when I took the air off the solution came spraying out! I got a new stem and fixed it but lost a lot of solution. Thing is could I remove all the solution without replacing the tubes? Or I think the salt-water has already leaked into the rims. I probably will use the tractor for dragging and possibly plowing . It is a 560IH with fast hitch plows, do I need the solution in the tires? Sorry for being so long winded! I would like some opinions. Thank you

Yes you could drain it but if it is CACL then where ever it flow will die and the area will be a dead zone for a year or 2. If you want o drain them jack it up so no weight is on the tire then air it up a bit on the extra side and hook a hose to the stem with the core out and let it drain. Or get the adapter and use a drill pump to pump it out and into something

And remember to have the valve stem at the highest point possible next time you need to put air in the tire.

A 2wd tractor can Not put its full horsepower to the ground without added ballast.
Ballast also makes for a more stable tractor.
I would leave the fluid in there.

The IH/Farmall 560 (gasoline) when tested at Nebraska was able to pull 7580 pounds with 788 pounds of fluid and 438 pounds of iron on each side vs only able to pull 3796 pounds with no fluid and no iron.

I have my 3020 ballasted up to 9700 pounds both rears are at 75% full and 5 front weights and itll get in and pull id rather have cast weight but it’s expensive and the fluid came with the tractor when i bought it

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back