Some Winter Project Progress

Jeff NWOH

This is a Mustang 940 skid steer I started a few years ago. Finally getting back to it.

Basically gutted the carcass and going over everything. New chains, seals, and misc bearings in the chain cases. Also a couple of used sprockets and I welded new blanks on a couple others.

We had good enough weather last weekend to get it sandblasted. Not good, but good enough. I spent some time with a flap wheel on the grinder smoothing edges and taking the burrs off of all the gouges in it. The previous owners definitely weren't worried about keeping it pretty. I think I will use some filler on the sides and make it look nice.

I shot it in primer yesterday. It was in the 50's today so I sprayed some yellow in the engine compartment and down in the belly. The paint was left over from the last one I painted.......20 years ago. Amazingly it was still good.

My plan is to get the engine and hydrostat in it and then paint the rest. I will probably paint the boom seperately since it's already off. The cab and back door are black so painted seperately as well.

Still a ways to go, but making some headway.
a254936.jpg

a254937.jpg

a254939.jpg

a254950.jpg

a254951.jpg

looking good jeff, that project will keep you off the streets and out of trouble for a while, I like it when iv'e got to the point where your at, getting things painted and starting assembly. looking forward to more assembly pics jeff.

Hi, nice job you're doing! It will look like new when you're done. I used to sell Gehl skid steers and I took one of those in trade. That's about 20 yrs ago. Good luck on your project. Ed Will Oliver BC

I sure hope you have taken the axle stubs apart and cleaned ALL the sand out of them after you sandblasted it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back