Sometimes the bear bites

Destroked 450

Been trying to put up 50 acres of hay this week.
Mowed Tuesday and Wednesday after Mondays rain, got half tedded Wednesday in time for 1/2" of rain that night, weather service was calling for good weather till Saturday.
Retedded first half Thursday and tried to bale but the ground was to wet and 6610 was over heating, radiator was plugged with hay dust.
We have a poultry operation and our birds shipped out Thursday night and and Friday morning so we pulled a all nighter but managed to get a few hours sleep.
Power washed the radiator Friday after the birds were gone and checked the hay but ground was still to wet so moved equipment to the second farm and tedded, had to stop early, cousins husband passed and had to go to the funeral home, he was only 60 years old.
Saturday my help didn't show up so I started raking and baling by myself until noon when the wife could help me. Had about 15 acres baled when the power steering cylinder blew a seal on the 6610.
Borrowed a cousins 7710 to finish baling and while unhooking the baler from the 6610 I saw oil all over the right rear tire, ##@# axle seals leaking too. Got everything we had raked baled by 9 PM and plan to finish both farms today, we'll see how that goes, their calling for a chance of showers tonight.
Never replaced a axle seal on a cab tractor before but it looks like a good sized job, may just sent it to a shop and take the hit, won't have much time to do my own repairs for a while, hopefully we finish the hay today but need it get it off of the fields and also have the clean and prep the poultry barns for a new flock of birds coming in two weeks.

Man that bear just keeps on chewing.

just remember sometimes when the bear bites, you have to bite back!!! Good luck & stay safe.. those all nighters can catch up

Good luck with it. It's not hard to do an
axle seal, just time consuming. I just
ordered the stuff to do the one on our
5600. Ordered the new axle housing o-
ring, and the outer axle bearing, and the
seal. Bought the axle bearing off from
EBay after I crossed the number. Found a
new, old stock, US made bearing for $18
and free shipping instead of 40 or $50
for a Chinese one from the dealer or
somewhere else.

Ross

Got the rest of the hay baled yesterday with the borrowed 7710, so now all of first cutting hay is done.
Finished up around 6:30 last evening and it was pouring rain by 8:00
Still need to get bales off the fields and get all of the equipment back home but I feel a lot less stressed today.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back