Spent a long day at the Hospital with the wife!!

JD Seller

My wife had a defibrillator put under her arm today. We had to be at the hospital at 6:00AM so we got up at 4AM to make sure we were there on time. It took them until around 8Am to get her all tested and prepped for the surgery. It took them just at 4 hours to get it all done. She is VERY sore. Everything went well. She will be sore for a good while.

She had three stints put in last Feb. since then she has had to wear a vest with an external defibrillator. Her heart had been getting better last year but when they ran a stress test in Jan. she had lost ground again. I hope that we can delay anything more serious happening with her health.

At times it seems like a LONG slow down hill slide. It gets kind of depressing when you really think about it. She just turned 48 last spring. That is too young for these type of things.

She is doing well today. We do not need anything. We are actually better off than many health wise. Just need to kind of vent a little.

be glad that doctors found she needed a defibrillator when they did.
we didn't know my first wife probably should have had one until to late.
nothing to do with Mrs 730 I love as much as I can one never knows where the road of life will lead you. God bless you both.

My wife was born with heart problems. Major surgeries shortly after we got together but it put things in a different perspective for us. Live life to the fullest every minute of every day. Focus on the positive. Today's doctors can do amazing things. Will keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers.

Good to hear that all went well, maybe things will improve now. I fully understand about things being depressing, I think we all go through that now and then. We have to just keep looking up.

Did you ask them exactly what they did? Did you ask them if the Magneto from a 1951 Farmall Cub would do the same thing?

I think you could have gotten a magneto from an old tractor for a lot less than that hospital visit!

I think you should ask for a redo, don't pay the bill, and then brag to the wife that you used a tractor part to keep her ticker tickin!

That will stop any problems when it comes to tractors being an obsessive hobby!

I hope you are both doing well, but, honestly, I think you could have done this at home, if you just had an old magneto and some mesh copper to make a shirt made of heart healthy conductive material. I bet it would be fun!

Seriously, I do wish you both the best, I just wish that you could have made headlines, making a copper undergarment with a magneto heart jump-starter!

LOL

Thanks for the update! I do wish you well.

I understand the need to vent!! Just be thankful for the advances in modern medicine, 30 or 40 years ago, she wouldn't have had a chance of survival. I know it's frustrating, but the bright side is that she came thru this and will be in better health now. You and yours are on my prayer list. Chris

I know what you are going through. My wife was in and out of hospitals for five years. Before she died of cancer at 50.I felt useless at times. All I can say is just be there for her. I hope she is around for a very long time.

Glad to hear she is doing well. Does get you down sometimes. doesn't it?

A close friends wife came within a hair of checking out when her ticker decided to go on strike in her early 40's. She had the electronic jump starter installed also. Been around ten years now. She seems to be doing fine, but it was a very, very close call for her.

I hope that your wife and all others have a long and happy life and I believe we all should be grateful that the great creator has created modern medicine and that we live in this great country where all can get this health care.

JD I pray for a cure for her heart problems. Is she a candidate for a transplant, or won't that fix the problem. I know a guy who is in our age range who had a transplant when he was in his forties and he is still looking good today. Good luck.

you guys might be candidates for the new super ldl lowering injectable anticholesterol drug! you should ask for it and which cardiologist follows that!

I hope this will give her a new lease on life.

I don't know anyone who's ever gotten a defibrillator implanted... but I've sure seen some heart surgeries make a bit difference in people's lives. Hoping for similar for your wife.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back