Steering Gear Leak

The steering gear reservoir on my 1951 TO30 appears to be empty. At least I can't see or feel any fluid with the plug off and it does steer hard. However, with the front wheels off the ground, it steers easy. I'm wondering if I should just add light weight oil to identify the leak source. My other thought is to fill it with corn head grease and hope it doesn't leak. Any suggestions?
 
Well, the simple way is to do the corn head grease trick. If you want to identify the leak, then you have to tear into it and fix it. But you already know all this.
I think it comes down to how much you use the tractor or want to keep everything as original as you can.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top