Stupid Idea??

It’s fairly common to see a camper or even a small travel trailer mounted to a gooseneck trailer out west here. Usually a fancy trail or rock crawler jeep or a couple of those high end side by sides on the back. Sounds like a great idea to me for your tractor rides.
 
A lot depends on what you use your trailer for, your comfort level and if it is usable (I wouldn't buy any camper unless I could give it a careful inspection). Getting it on and off the trailer won't be like backing a pickup under it. Even that style is fairly heavy. Do popups even have a shower?
 
Ive owned RV's continuous over 50 years of all different kinds including truck campers. Sure Ive seen truck campers permanent mounted on flatbed trailers and its a great idea for the person who own and loves them DUH One advantage of that system is all the extra room for their bicycles gas grilles and other sorts of toys that are NOT available on standard truck campers and Ive even seen them with a small tractors or golf carts on the back. Having traveled the US and National Parks I love RV travel for its affordability and freedom with my own queen size bed (know who slept it in the night before lol) and all the comforts of home yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy With my solar panels and lithium batteries we do a lot of FREE dry camping in quiet peaceful scenic locations especially out West and in the mountains as opposed to noisy crowed expensive so called RV resorts grrrrrrrrr. Ive also travelled extensively using hotels and restaurants three times a day and enjoyed it but not as much as roaming the country in an RV TO EACH THEIR OWN as it should be its a free country and ones own money to spend as they so choose however it makes THEM happy !!!!!!!!!

Of course theres no right or wrong answer to this and what kind of camper one chooses or NOT chooses as a means of travel TO EACH THEIR OWN it would be a boring world if we all liked the same now..........

So its a great idea ifffffffffffffffff it suits YOU ...........a bad idea if not lol

John T Happy in an RV at Florida Flywheelers in Florida yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
 
We had a pop up slide in like that. My father in law lived 400 miles from here and in the summer rooms were over 200 bucks a night. Put the camper in my 04 Dodge 1/2 ton with 8' box and away we would go. Plug into his garage and had lights and furnace, no air but wasn't a problem as we were gone during the day. Fold it down in the morning and go anywhere we wanted with the truck and set up in the evening. Used his shower as none in the camper but had water to wash up and do dishes. Sold it last fall as he moved to Denver to stay at his other daughter's. Was very clean and always shedded.
 
Being able to stay on the showgrounds and partake in the after hour festivities makes it all worthwhile. I used to drive back and forth to Rollag and then got a campsite about 25 years ago, and the after hours stuff is now what I like the most. Doing the work during the day is like earning the right to play at night!

AMEN I RV travel to Tractor Shows and Bluegrass Festivals all over the US and if you stay on site (free if an exhibitor) especially with your bikes or golf carts theres so much more to do and you're ALREADY THERE yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

John T Currently in my RV ON SITE at Florida Flywheelers with golf cart and bikes handy yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
 
As I've gotten older I've come to appreciate the value of a warm bed and a hot shower.
EXACTLY X2 nuttin better than your own warm comfy queen size bed with a hot shower yayyyyyyyyyyyy sure works for me young or now that Im old

John T Not ready for bed just yet in my RV on site at Florida Flywheelers
 
Sounds like a good idea. I have a small 2000 watt Honda generator for my camper which works great and is quiet but it won't run the air. You need at least a 3000 watt to run your air conditioners in most campers. Honda makes a nice quiet 3000 watt inverter which I've seen allot of campers use that will do the job.
There are some as small as around 2200 Watt Generators that can start and run a 13,500 BTU AC ifffffffffffffffffff equipped with a Soft Start. A 3000 Watt PSW Inverter can typoically start and run the same AC and if powering with batteries SO LONG AS THE STORED BATTERY ENERGY LASTS.. I have lithium battereis and a PSW Inverter but dont use it to run my AC, instead I pretty much follow the seventies where AC isnt required

John T Row 74 Florida Flywheelers as we speak
 
I go to the WMT,WHO and Red Rock Threshers ride each year. I have to find a room to stay in and a couple of times they were 35 to 40 miles away. There is a local auction going on with a slide in pickup camper that is selling pretty cheap. I'm wondering about buying it, mounting it on the front of my gooseneck trailer to stay in instead of spending $80 to $125+ per night for a motel. Get a small gas generator to run lights and a air conditioner. A couple of dives I've been booked in this would be an improvement. Am I nuts???
You're so not nuts that a rig like that has a name. It's called a redneck toy hauler.
 
I go to the WMT,WHO and Red Rock Threshers ride each year. I have to find a room to stay in and a couple of times they were 35 to 40 miles away. There is a local auction going on with a slide in pickup camper that is selling pretty cheap. I'm wondering about buying it, mounting it on the front of my gooseneck trailer to stay in instead of spending $80 to $125+ per night for a motel. Get a small gas generator to run lights and a air conditioner. A couple of dives I've been booked in this would be an improvement. Am I nuts???
If you got the money ,go for it .
 
I go to the WMT,WHO and Red Rock Threshers ride each year. I have to find a room to stay in and a couple of times they were 35 to 40 miles away. There is a local auction going on with a slide in pickup camper that is selling pretty cheap. I'm wondering about buying it, mounting it on the front of my gooseneck trailer to stay in instead of spending $80 to $125+ per night for a motel. Get a small gas generator to run lights and a air conditioner. A couple of dives I've been booked in this would be an improvement. Am I nuts???
Do what works for you.
 

Attachments

  • cvphoto163895.jpg
    cvphoto163895.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 85
I go to the WMT,WHO and Red Rock Threshers ride each year. I have to find a room to stay in and a couple of times they were 35 to 40 miles away. There is a local auction going on with a slide in pickup camper that is selling pretty cheap. I'm wondering about buying it, mounting it on the front of my gooseneck trailer to stay in instead of spending $80 to $125+ per night for a motel. Get a small gas generator to run lights and a air conditioner. A couple of dives I've been booked in this would be an improvement. Am I nuts???
lots of people have the set up Atv and UTV do it
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top